To sign up for a 14-day free trial (no credit card required!), click here. The signup process is simple! Here are the basic steps:
1) Ronnie, your default auto-agent, will invite you to choose a local phone number. Why do you need to choose a new number?
- Porting is something we are eager to bring to our customers, as it has been in high demand, but it is difficult to do. It’s a feature you can expect from us in the future.
- If your business has had the same phone number for years and the idea of changing it feels risky, you’re not alone. Check out our blog post on Switching Your Old Advertised Phone Number to a CallJoy Number. Both your original and your CallJoy phone numbers can exist simultaneously - so there's no drawback to advertising your CallJoy number online. We explain that later in this article!
2) Enter your business name. If you have a Google My Business account, simply enter the email associated with that account and CallJoy will identify your business.
3) Pick a phone number. CallJoy is available to US-based phone numbers only (no toll free numbers at this time). Again, this phone number will be different from your current business phone number. You will have the ability to choose a phone number in your area code.
4) Select your agent voice. Perhaps Ronnie isn’t for you! He has many friends, and each of them has a different voice. You can call your phone number to test how your agent answers and states your business name.
5) Set up where calls to your CallJoy phone number will route to. This is ideally your business phone line. In the event that your virtual agent cannot handle a request and the caller needs to speak to a person at your business, those calls will route to the phone number of your choosing.
6) Last step - publish your phone number! This is the most exciting part. Now, your customers who search for you (Google, Yelp, Facebook, etc) will be able to call your CallJoy phone number and have an awesome experience that frees you up to take care of other business at hand.
Now that your account has been fully set up, you can customize your Call Actions and textback features. To learn how to do that, see How do I customize my agent?.